Welcome to the fortnightly update on all things Ethereum World, along with a sprinkling of industry news! 👋
As we approach the new year, our team has been hard at work hashing out our goals and ambitions for 2022. We have a ton of exciting initiatives we’re exploring to drive more value for Ethereum World, but today we want to draw your attention to a few important updates:
- Ethereum World v0.3 Release - What's New? 🚀
- AKASHA Conversations #1
- The Hot List 🔥
Let’s take a look at what has been happening over the past two weeks!
Ethereum World v0.3 Release 🚀
This week marked the last product release of 2021, packed with lots of features that have been requested by the community. Here’s what’s new:
- Refactored the login modal into its own application (just like the Feed App or the Moderation App) 🧱
- Added OpenLogin to the list of compatible web3 providers (we still recommend using a web3 wallet to sign-up, but those who wish to use their social accounts can now do so as well, with full GDPR compliance)
- Added multi-photo posting feature
- Enabled drag-and-drop to upload images 🪄
- Refactored the navigation handler for overall system consistency
- Added key restoration for returning users (one-step sign-in) ✨
- Fixed a handful of issues, among which the ability to change your profile picture and banner image (ready to rock your favorite NFT? 👀)
Check out all the new features and let us know what you think! 💭
AKASHA Conversations #1
AKASHA Conversations explores the critical questions of decentralized social networking, with expert presentations informing and inspiring open dialogue and action 💪
Our first such conversation on 9th December began to explore the complexities of moderating decentralized social networks. Moderating is an essential part of governing social communities on the web and preventing abuse.
In the web 3 context we're effectively asking ourselves, how do we do this without needing 30,000 moderators on payroll? And without subjugating ourselves to some machine learning algorithm? 🤔
You may watch the conversation recording below where we start exploring these challenges, or read our follow-up blog post.
📅 There will be an AKASHA Conversation every month, and our focus throughout Q1 2022 will remain moderating. If you know someone who should join the conversation, please do have a word in their ear! 👂
For attendees of this first workshop, check out your inboxes. You should’ve received a link to claim a special POAP! 👀 There are no fees associated with claiming this NFT.
The Hot List 🔥
As usual, we feel compelled to show some link love right here! ❤️ Below are some of the top ideas and developments that have been moving the Ethereum space lately!
- Read — The Decentralized Country
- Build — ETHGlobal 2022 Hackathon Season
- Deep Dive — The Great Bifurcation
- Developer Resources — Developer DAO Knowledge Base
- Social Networks — Reddit Expanding Tokenized Community Points
- ZKVerse — Polygon Acquires Mir Protocol and Renames It Polygon Zero
- Governance — First Governance Aggregator and Voting Platform Launched by Messari
- Messaging — Introducing Inb0x, Encrypted End-to-End Communication Between Wallets
- Legal — The Case for Why DAOs Should Register as Legal Entities
- DAO — Decentralized Governance Structures
- Community — Ownership & Compensation Proposal by Index Coop
- Brrrrr — How Much Money Are Protocols Paying to Grow?
- Listen — Web3 Gaming 101
- Music — The State of Web3 Tools for Artists
- Opinion — The Internet of Jobs Is Coming
Take good care, and see you in 2022 for the next edition! 🚀